Thursday, August 23, 2012

From Orange Beach, Alabama!! by DL Larson

I'm supposed to be getting ready to go out for dinner, but the warm ocean breeze and setting sun are too perfect to stir from my deck chair.  I'm eleven stories above the sand and sea, looking out from the condo balcony porch.  My friends and I have spent the last several days playing at the seashore and walking through the many quaint shops. 

I have to admit I have not worked on my WIP as I had intended, nor have I finished the Heather Graham mystery novel I brought with me.  I've actually taken the time to relax and enjoy being with my husband and friends. 

We have an on-going challenge, girls against the guys while playing cards, dominos and other silly games.  We girls are winning of course, just like we do every year, even though the winners round will be tonight after dinner.  I'm confident we will be victorious, but the important thing is my husband and I have reconnected with our good friends.  Friendship is one of life's blessings and I don't want to ever become too busy not to spend time with my friends. 

So please forgive me if this blog is not about writing.  My friends are more precious than my life's goal to become a well known writer. 

Enjoy the day!

More next time ~

DL Larson

1 comment:

Morgan Mandel said...

Enjoy your visits with your friends!
Morgan Mandel