Sunday, October 16, 2011

Cloning

Other than an addiction to "Star Wars" in which entire story lines revolve around cloning, I've never given it a whole lot of thought. It was interesting when Dolly (Wasn't that the name of the cloned sheep?) came about. But the idea of trying to clone humans seems creepy and macabre.

However, lately, I've given it some more thought. Not seriously. Not that I think ethically it's okay. Not in any real sense. But rather, I have so much to do and not nearly enough time to do it that I thought if there were more of me, things might get done.

I could use a clone (or two or three) at work. To help keep up with paperwork, planning, and supervision.

I could use a clone at home to make sure the house gets cleaned: really cleaned, not just the 'wipe down the bathrooms on the weekend so they're not gross' kind of cleaning. The windows need to be washed, the yard needs to be cut down, the ceiling fans and the baseboards and the crown molding need to be dusted...

I could use a clone for my writing career. I have a novella coming out in a couple of weeks (Yikes.) and have a ton of blogs to write for my tour. I haven't actually done any new writing in ages. And I can't keep up with fellow authors who have blog posts. It would be nice to be able to connect with them.

Yes, a clone or two or three of me would be awfully nice right now. Just to help me keep up and get back on track.

Until next week,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

4 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

Debra,
If you figure out how to do it, let me know. I could use a few myself!

Morgan Mandel
http://www.morganmandel.com
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

Debra St. John said...

I'll definitely let you in on the secret! :)

therabbitholeofalice said...

I'm on board with this whole concept.

SBJones said...

Multiplicity. Doesn't quite work out that well.