Saturday, November 15, 2008

Buying Books by Margot Justes

Last week I read a blog-wish I could remember where-about the status of publishing. It is in trouble just like the rest of the businesses around the world.

The author of the above mentioned blog simply stated that if we each bought a book for this holiday season, we would have a tremendous impact on the publishing world and the domino effect of the economy-all the people in the periphery-from the printer to the stocker to ink and paper manufacturers-you get the drift.

I, for one think it is an excellent idea and have already done more than my share. My family loves to read, so it was a no brainer, I buy books.

For my grandchildren I always buy seasonal and holiday books, I think it makes the holiday that much more special. The kids see a celebration through different set of eyes.

So when you’re ready to do your shopping think about that book purchase, for yourself, family, friend or just a grab bag. Don’t forget Toys For Tots-books make great gifts.

On another exciting note A Hotel in Paris in now available in the Kindle format at Amazon-link to follow soon.

Till next Saturday,
Margot Justes
A Hotel in Paris ISBN 978-1-59080-534-3
Art brought her to Paris, then a stranger’s death changes her life.
Missing ISBN 978-1-59080-611 1
www.mjustes.com
available on amazon.com

4 comments:

Norm Cowie said...

My daughter makes me take her to the bookstore whenever she gets money in her hands.

Morgan Mandel said...

Books are a great gift. It also helps to find out ahead of time the tastes of the recipient.

When in doubt, a gift certificate to a bookstore is also a great idea.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
http://www.morganmandel.com

Debra St. John said...

I buy books and books only for all of my nieces, nephews, and Godchildren for Christmas. They actaully look forward to it!

Deb Larson said...

Just keep spreading the word!!
Books are always on my wish list and I do a lot of shopping in book stores for Christmas and birthdays! Great reminder for everyone.
:)
DL Larson