Monday, March 26, 2007

getting my feet wet and refusing to drown

Okay, I'm first in the water for our new joint blog. It's always better to have the resident humor writer go first because, in this case,

1) I'm a swimmer and not afraid of water ... except acid rain, and, ... uh, that mosquito larvae-infested water on the top of my pool cover, ... and that stuff that they use to melt witches ... and when somebody drops a watermelon on me ... and the brown water in the gutters that my brother drank once on a dare (by me) ...

2) Because after me, there's nowhere to go but up.

3) Always let the bald person go first, since he can light the way with the reflection from his bald spot.

and most of all,

4) Because a humor writer can find something funny in just about anything (except a teenaged daughter - no, wait, especially with teenaged daughters).

Thankfully, I qualify in each of these areas, plus I have a beach towel.

Anyway, we have all kinds of mystery writers in this blog, plus me, where it's more a mystery that I'm in this group in the first place. Still though, a great group of people, and if you truly can be judged by the company you keep, I'm probably going to jail... no, I mean, I can be judged truly great.

See you guys around, asquare, atriangle, and other geometric shapes.

Norm Cowie
The Adventures of Guy ... written by a guy (probably)
and the upcoming The Next Adventures of Guy ... more wackiness
www.normcowie.com

No comments: