Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Reviews Are In!


I've always bemoaned the fact that reviews are difficult to come by. I totally understand the reason, with time in such short demand for many, many people (including reviewers), even the couple of hours it would take to sit down and read a novel might not be feasible.

Perhaps the secret then lies in writing a shorter book, which thus can be read in a shorter amount of time. A Christmas to Remember, my latest release and first novella, has already garnered four reviews since its release last month. This is more than I've gotten for any of my previous books. And I'm thrilled. Not only in the quantity of the reviews, but in the quality as well.

This morning I woke up to a Five Lip/Recommended Read review from "Two Lips Reviews". Talk about a great way to start the day! "A Christmas to Remember is a delightful story which expertly draws the reader into the joy and excitement of the Christmas season."

Manic Readers gave it four stars and said, "A very nice fireside read, at Christmas or any time."

Mystic Reviews said, "A CHRISTMAS TO REMEMBER is the perfect story to get you in the holiday spirit!"

And it grabbed three-and-a-half stars from Night Owl Reviews. "A Christmas to Remember by Debra St. John is a very nice romantic read. It is a short novel that is perfect to read in one evening while sitting on the couch covered up in a comforter, sipping hot tea."

Needless to say...my Christmas season is off to a great start! Merry, merry to one and all!

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com
A Christmas to Remember from The Wild Rose Press

7 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

Well deserved praise, Debra.
I've started reading A Christmas to Remember, but unfortunately I've not been able to finish because of pressures to get my own books out soon.

I do want to finish this one before Christmas, since it's perfect for the season!

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

Debra St. John said...

Thanks Morgan.

Finding time to read AND write is definitely tricky...there just aren't enough hours in the day!

Margot Justes said...

Deb,
Congratulations on the great reviews-it's a warm and fuzzy feeling-what could be better in December in Chicago.
Margot Justes
www.mjustes.com

essays said...

Great work! Thanks for sharing.

adult dating said...

Simply lovely!

research paper said...

Wow... Thanks.. I'm at the first time on your blog! And I like it! Thanks for sharing info. Keep up the good work

term paper writing said...

Thanks a lot for sharing. You have done a brilliant job.