Sunday, June 26, 2011

Checking In with Those Goals

Since we're a couple of weeks into Summer Vacation (although by our recent weather it's been hard to tell) I thought I'd check in with my goal list.

Here's the list I posted a couple of weeks ago...

Writing-wise I have several goals I'm aiming for:
*Finish my WIP, "This Feels Like Home", the third mss in my 'series' with TWRP. It's about 2/3 done.
*Write a short story for a new series at TWRP's Champagne line. I have a rough (REALLY rough) outline and about 10 pages so far.
*Update some links on my web-site.
*Think through and begin work on the PR campaign for A Christmas to Remember, coming this winter from TWRP. This will be my first digital only release, so it will be a new experience for me.

In the non-writing world, I also have a few goals:
*Finish the summer reading program I signed up for at my local library. I figured I'm going to be doing a ton of reading anyway, I might as well earn some prizes for it!
*Select a new recipe to try once a week.
*Spend time out and about each week out and about just because it's summer and I don't have anyplace else to go.
*Get caught up on a couple years' worth of vacation scrapbooking.
*Spend time with family and friends. To that end, we're out of town this weekend in Missouri traveling and visiting with friends.
*Do some organizing in the basement.
*Get back into a workout routine. The sooner the better.


I'd have to say in the grand scheme of things...so far so good.
-I've written 27 pages so far on my WIP.
-I've updated things on my web-site. Still working on links, as there seems to be a 'glitch' somewhere. I'm thinking it may be another IE9 issue. Ugh.
-I ordered postcards and set up a guest blog for my upcoming release.
-I only have two Shakespeare movies to watch and I'm done with the summer reading program. (Way ahead of schedule since it goes through the end of July!)
-We've taken one vacation so far and are heading out this coming weekend for another.
-And I've started working out again.
-I haven't tried any new recipes yet, but I did bring an old one out of the box...the hubby loved it!

So, like I said...I think I'm off to a good start. And there's lots of summer left.

How are your goals coming along?

And just for fun, for those who haven't already seen it...here's my new cover! I'm loving it!



Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

5 comments:

David DeLee said...

Great idea to check in with your goals, Debra.

It's been on my mind to revisit my New Year's goals since on Friday, the year will be half over--sucks,right?

Anyway, I think my goals have so changed since the New Year--I've been working on getting stuff up for sale, indie-pubbed, and doing less original work (though I have managed several short stories and and just now starting a first draft on a new novel)--I don't think my goals of writing x-number of new words are relevant anymore, at least not for this year, but when I look at what I have done, eight titles up for sale electronically, six since January and one being a full novel, I'm happy.

Thanks for the opportunity to reflect, Debra.

David DeLee
Fatal Destiny - a Grace deHaviland novel

Debra St. John said...

David,

Goals to tend to change as we go along, don't they? It sounds like you're making great progress moving forward.

(And I'm not going to think about the year being half over on Friday...) :)

Morgan Mandel said...

I finished my own edits of Forever Young - Blessing or Curse and am now waiting for the real editor to get back to me with edits.

I'm working on the Anthology spinoff and have one of the short stories done.

On the house front I cleaned two upstairs bedrooms but still have the gigantic chore of cleaning the basement looming.

Glad you're making progress!

Morgan Mandel
http://www.morganmandel.com

David DeLee said...

Good luck with that basement, Morgan. :)
I took the day off and went to the beach.

David DeLee
Fatal Destiny - a Grace deHaviland novel

Debra St. John said...

Morgan, You are making great progress with lots of things...writing and non.

David, good for you. It was the perfect day for the beach!