Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Taste of Italy by Margot Justes

The first Taste of Italy is this coming Monday, May 24th 7:00pm at the
Elk Grove Library
1001 Wellington
Elk Grove 60007
847/439-0447

Now that I got that out of the way, (a little promo) in case you're in the area and would like to stop by.

The preparation for the event has been fun because Susan Miura did the hard part;the power point slide presentation, and it is fantastic. While I got to do the fun part, scour the food stores looking for edible delights from Italy.

I found a few at Joe Caputo and Sons. I have cookies, hard candy in espresso and cappuccino flavors. No surprise there, the Italians love their coffee as do I, so it was a match made in -dare I say it-coffeeland haven.

Cheeses of course are not a problem, neither is prosciutto, the crackers will have to be local. Pellegrino is on the menu as well, and because May is gelato month, we're serving gelato. Maybe one flavor will be coffee. There is a theme here. How many things 'coffee' can I find. Let's not forget chocolate covered coffee beans. Of course Italian roast will have to be the coffee of choice.

There will be a raffle as well. I have a few prints from Italy. I happen to know a young up and coming photographer who loves to travel. He graciously gave me some photographs from Rome, Venice and Capri. He has an amazing eye and I love his work. I didn't check with him on whether I can use his name, if the answer is yes, I'll post the photographs in my next blog.

In fact I framed the shot form Venice and it is hanging in my family room. I'm thinking of bringing it to my office for added inspiration to finish A Hotel in Venice.

Till next time,
Margot Justes
www.mjustes.com
A Hotel in Paris

2 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

Hope the event went well. Sounds like it was yummy!

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
http://facebook.com/morgan.mandel

Margot Justes said...

Morgan,
The event went very well, we had about 50 people. It was an hour long program and they want it longer-that was the only complaint.
Margot Justes
www.mjustes.com