Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring is in the Air

While I guess we can't officially say that spring has sprung, signs of it are everywhere.

Most of the snow around here is gone. Except for a few random bizarre patches that haven't melted, the grass has been revealed after a long winter of hiding out.

The temperatures are rising. Over the last week (although the weekend's been chilly again), our temperatures hit in the lower fifties and even made it into the sixties by one afternoon.

In between rain showers, the sun has actually been shining.

Tulip bulbs are starting to pop. I have a whole row alongside my house that have burst forth from the ground.

Daylight savings began today. Longer days, more light...I can't even complain about losing an hour of sleep when I look at it that way.

Best of all, spring break is a week away. I'm looking forward to a week off of work, sleeping in, getting some much needed R & R, and pounding out lots and lots of words on my laptop. If the weather holds, I might even be able to make use of the front porch!

So where ever you are, I hope you are enjoying the signs of spring!

Until next week,

Happy Reading!

Debra

www.debrastjohnromance.com

4 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

We had our first sign of spring toward the end of last week - humidity!

Debra St. John said...

That'll do it!

Morgan Mandel said...

The DH and I saw our first Spring robin yesterday!

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

Terry Odell said...

When you've just moved from
Florida to Colorado, it's winter, baby.