Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's Conference Season by DL Larson

My mail has been full of conference brochures, a sure sign spring is coming and with it many writers conferences. I wish I could attend all of them, but time and money simply won't allow that. If you have yet to make plans to attend a conference in 2010, now would be a good time to make some plans. Listed below are a few conferences for writers. All can be found on the internet and I have posted their website (if I've pushed all the correct buttons.)

Here are a few worth looking into:

- Write-by-the-Lake Writer's Workshop & Retreat, June 14-18, 2010; University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI www.dcs.wisc.edu/lsa/writing/wbtl.htm

-The Split Rock Arts Program, offers summer workshops and seasonal retreats in creative writing, visual arts and design through June and July - St. Paul MN
www.cce.umn.edu/SplitRockArts2010

- Desert Dreams Writer's Conference, Scottsdale AZ, April 16-18, 2010
www.desertroserwa.org/conference.htm

- Spring Fling 2010 Writer's Conference, Deerfield IL April 23-24, 2010. The very same conference many Acme Authors will be attending! www.chicagospringfling.com

- Write Touch 2010: Love is Brewing in Milwaukee (I love the title of this conference) May 14-16, 2010, Brookfield WI www.wisrwa.org

- Meacham Writer's Workshop, Chattanooga, TN, March 25-27, 2010 - I heard there is still room - but act fast! www.meachamwriters.org

- Las Vegas Writers' Conference, April 15-17, 2010 www.lasvegaswritersconference.com

- Making Something Out of Nothing Conference - Simpsonville SC, April 29-May 2, 2010,
www.mywritingretreat.com

That's just a few I found or was notified about; there are many more in May and June. Writer's Digest Magazine has several posted as does RWR magazine. I'm sure with a bit more searching the perfect conference for you will catch your attention.

If you know of a great conference, share it with us.

Til next time ~

DL Larson

4 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

I'm looking forwards to seeing you at Spring Fling, Deb!

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

Terry Odell said...

Since I just moved to Colorado, I'm going to the Pikes Peak Writers Conference at the end of April. There's also the Northern Colorado conference, but I don't think I'll be settled in enough to go to that one.

I just got done with Written in the Stars in Shreveport, LA

Emerald City is great, and I'm going to try something totally new in September: The Writer's Police Academy, organized by Lee Lofland, who runs The Graveyard Shift blog.

Deb Larson said...

Sounds Great! There are so many great workshops and conferences. If we don't take time to plan our time for them - time slips by and we miss out!
Thanks for sharing ~

Morgan - looking forward to seeing you too!!!!!!
DL Larson

Margot Justes said...

Deb,
Just a reminder, don't forget to register for the Spring Fling Librarian/Bookseller event. If you register by March 31st you get a goody bag. I hope to see you there.
Margot Justes
www.mjustes.com