Saturday, January 16, 2010

Burt Wolf and Me by Margot Justes

It would appear I have wonder lust, or better yet travel lust. There is that itch begging me to go somewhere exotic. To be sure cruising the Mexican Riviera will be pure vacation, visiting the ports, relaxing, swimming, all the great stuff. But I wouldn't mind living out of a suitcase on a more permanent basis. And more to the point, in my next life I would love to come back as a female version of Burt Wolf.

This very elegant man who travels all over the world, has a terrific sense of humor, stays in the best hotels, eats in the best restaurants, writes his own stuff, seems to have a marvelous time and he gets paid for doing it. What a career.

I have watched his shows for many years and have greatly enjoyed every one. He provides a glimpse of the local culture, food, art, places to see and things to do, and everything is done with great style.

So, while in this life I'm preparing myself for future possibilities and during the cruise I will write a daily blog while on board with Royal Caribbean, the ports we'll visit and of course the ever present food on board ship.

But in the meantime, next week I'll start writing about the Greek Islands, starting with Mykonos, purely to quiet down the yen to pack and go somewhere. Maybe it work.

Till next time,
Margot Justes
www.mjustes.com
A Hotel in Paris

2 comments:

June said...

Can't wait to read about it!

June

Morgan Mandel said...

Sounds great. I can pretend I'm going there by reading all about it from you, Margot.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com