Sunday, April 20, 2008

"Final"ly!

This weekend marked a milestone for me. I sent my FINAL edits, and meant it this time, to my editor! I've sent "final" edits in the past, in fact I started sending them several months ago. But, this time, it was for real. My manuscript is now headed to production, and the next time I see it it will be in galleys. Very exciting!

With that done, it's time to turn my attention to making sure this book sells when it hits the stands. I've got to work out a publicity plan and really decide what I'm doing here. Luckily for me, I belong to a great writers' group whose members are so willing to offer support and share advice.

Writing has always been a hobby for me, but now that it's officially a second career, it's time to get down to business! The business end seems overwhelming at times, but I'm learning a lot every day and am looking forward to all there is still to learn.

I just hope with all the time I'll be spending on developing my career, I'll still have time left to write!

Until next time,

Debra


THIS TIME FOR ALWAYS
by Debra St. John
coming soon from The Wild Rose Press

1 comment:

Morgan Mandel said...

Deb,
Now the fun is just beginning. You thought you were working before getting your book ready, but promoting is a whole new ballgame.
Don't worry. You are not alone.
Morgan Mandel