Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Waiting is Almost Over

It's hard to believe that the hustle and bustle of shopping, decorating, baking, wrapping, and anticipating is almost over. Another Christmas is upon us. Some people say that as they get older, the magic disappears. I don't agree.

I'm still just as excited Christmas morning to open my presents as I was when I was a kid. And now as a grown up, there are even more opportunities for opening. The hubby and I open our gifts to each other on Christmas Eve morning. We don't do one big gift for each, but a lot of little gifts. I've had his gifts wrapped and under the tree for a week or so, and he finished mine this past Friday, so every time I walk by the tree, a little thrill of anticipation runs through me. I don't know if I'm more excited to open mine or to see him open his!


Then we head to Mom and Dad's and spend Christmas Eve with them and my sister. It's a casual kind of day. We'll eat a lot, play some games, and maybe watch a movie. We sleep over there, and then open presents with the family in the morning. After breakfast, we head to the hubby's sister's house, where we'll spend time with his family. There are seventeen of us there, so it's much more chaotic than at my folk's.

Spending time with the families is just as much fun as opening presents.

But even as we'll close our eyes Christmas night, it's not really over. The decs will stay up for a least another week until the start of Epiphany, there will be new things to put away and ooh and ah over some more, and of course there's more shopping. I'm a sucker for those after Christmas sales. That's when I stock up on my wrapping paper, ribbon, gift bags, etc. at 50% off (or more!)

How ever you are celebrating with you and yours this year, I wish you a very Merry Christmas! God bless you as we celebrate the birth of our Savior.

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

A Christmas to Remember
Mistletoe and Folly

3 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

Sounds like fun, Debra! We're off to the DH's cousin's Christmas Eve night, then my family's over at our house Christmas Day. Our tradition on Christmas Day is Chinese carryout! Still, lots of preparation involved, since for dessert we're using my special Christmas plates and mugs and glasses, which I washed by hand, plus lots of house preparation.

Merry Christmas!

Morgan Mandel

Debra St. John said...

Merry Christmas, Morgan!

I love holiday traditions...Chinese takeout sounds yummy...especially on special plates!

See you next year!

Deb Larson said...

Deb ~
Sounds like a wonderful time for you and your family this Christmas.
Have a blessed Merry Christmas!!
DL Larson