Saturday, July 21, 2012

Went Shopping with Granddaugher by Margot Justes

My daughter and granddaughter came for breakfast, so I cooked their favorite dishes. My daughter loves kiszka, so I got one for her. (Kiszka is a sort of Polish sausage made from barley and beef blood) My granddaughter loves scrambled eggs and Polish sausage. I cooked that along with tomatoes, various cheeses, and pretzel rolls. She loves pretzel rolls. It was a feast, and I might add the coffee was sublime.

They came over to pick up a bed I no longer wanted. We disassembled the bed, packed it in the truck and went shopping for a little chair I wanted to put in the spare bedroom. There is a queen size bed there already, a sleeper couch in my office. I have enough sleeping accommodations. The additional trundle bed took up too much room. A small chair is all I wanted.

Back to my shopping for the little chair. I love Dania, they have lovely contemporary pieces that do not cost an arm and a leg. Maybe a couple of fingers at most.

My daughter and I found a lovely small, comfy chair. My granddaughter found a semi circular, orange couch. It was love at first sight. We tried to talk her out of it. She was willing to look around, but always came back to that orange couch.

I am now the proud owner of a round, orange couch. The room is painted a light green. It is a good thing that other than the dining room furniture, nothing matches in my house. I buy pieces I like and it always seems to work out. Maybe it is an inherited trait.

Cheers,
Margot Justes
www.mjustes.com
A Hotel in Paris
Hearts & Daggers
Hot Crimes Cool Chicks

4 comments:

Debra St. John said...

I love the sound of the round, orange couch!

And I love pretzel rolls...you've now made me hungry for breakfast!!

Margot Justes said...

So did the little munchkin-I couldn't say no, she really loved it. I'll take a picture, it's sheduled for delivery next Saturday.
Margot www.mjustes.com

Deb Larson said...

What a great day with family! Shopping is always a surprise, sometimes we find the perfect treasure, other times we come home empty handed! And you must be one fantastic cook!!!!!
DL Larson

Margot Justes said...

Deb,
Shopping with the munchkins is always an adventure and a delight. I wasn't planning on an orange couch.

I used to cook a lot, now it's special occasions only.
Margot
www.mjustes.com