Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Holiday Season

I can't believe it's this time of year already. As slow as time seems to drag by while I'm at work during the week, looking at the big picture it's hard to believe that not only has November arrived, but is more than halfway over. Where has the year gone?

With Thanksgiving less than a week away, the holiday season really is upon us. The stores are filled with frozen turkeys, sweet potatoes, corn, the makings for green been casserole, and pumpkin pies. Cornucopias, mums, and corn stalks grace houses, stores, and even lampposts...

Oh, no, wait. Most of the stores and lampposts are already graced with all the trimmings of Christmas (And have been since Halloween). Not to mention the white lights adorning the trees downtown in my town. Which kind of cheeses me off. I adore Christmas and all that goes along with it (the birth of the Christ-child, decs, music, cookies, presents), but it really needs to wait its turn.

I want to fully appreciate the calm and peacefulness of Thanksgiving first. I want to enjoy time with my family and friends: sharing laughs, memories, blessings. I want to smell the turkey in the oven and taste the spices of pumpkin and apple pies. I want to crunch through the leaves on the way back to the car, so stuffed I'll swear I'll never eat again: until those yummy leftovers come out the next day, and I can savor the bliss of a turkey club sandwich.

So, to you and yours, I wish you a blessed, thankful, and relaxing Thanksgiving this week.

Until next time,

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

2 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

I agree. Let's appreciate one holiday at a time!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
http://www.morganmandel.com

Debra St. John said...

One at a time works for me!