Sunday, August 14, 2011

Looking back and Looking Ahead

Well, the time has come. Summer vacation (for me)is officially over. It always seems to fly by so quickly. With the cool start in June, the wicked hot of July, and some medical issues I had, this year's break seemed to go even faster than usual.

At the beginning, I set some goals, and looking back, I've done a decent job of getting to some of them, even with the life intrusions I encountered along the way.

The biggest thing I accomplished was finishing my WIP and submitting it to my editor at Wild Rose. Now it's time to wait with fingers and toes crossed and hope she offers a contract!

I tossed around some ideas for a novella to fit a new series at my publisher. Didn't get around to doing any actual writing, but I do have lots of ideas spinning in my head, so that's a good start.

I finished the adult summer reading program at the library. I didn't win any of the major prizes, but it was fun to fill in my log and turn it in as I finished each section. Outside of the program, I did a ton (I'm estimating well over 20 books) of reading this summer, which is always a good thing!

I finished some scrapbooking projects I was way behind on.

And, I fiddled with my web-site and changed the background on it.

So, all in all, despite the curve balls life threw me this summer, I feel like I accomplished a lot.

Looking ahead, I hope I can continue writing, even when I'm back at work full time. I'd really like to get working on that novella. It's a different concept than I usually write, so it will be a fun challenge.

And summer's not quite over yet, just the sleeping in and having no schedule to adhere to part. There's still plenty of warm weather and sunshine to enjoy in the days ahead.

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

1 comment:

Morgan Mandel said...

I'm glad you made most of your goals, Debra, despite the setbacks.
Morgan Mandel