Wednesday, December 24, 2008

White Christmas

I'm a little late with my post today because my husband and I were fighting the elements. I can't keep track any more how many snowfalls we've had and how much subzero weather we've endured. Yesterday was another snowstorm. We tried to erase the evidence today, but of course that was impossible. Anyway we did the best we could.

Our main weapon was the snowblower above. It was the best investment my husband made before the inundation.

While the driveway was being cleared by the DH, I set to work clearing a path for Rascal so she wouldn't think the patio is her permanent place to do her duty. I made sure to get at her favorite spots. Judging from the way she ran through where I'd cleared, she was thrilled with the results of my efforts. After that, the stoops and the side of the house demanded my attention. A rain storm is expected Sunday, which is making me paranoid already. I hope that doesn't mean water dripping from the ceilings or into the basement.

Anyway, everyone in this neck of the woods is for sure having a white Christmas, whether they want one or not. We're through with our labors. Now we can celebrate with family and friends.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Morgan Mandel
http://www.morganmandel.com/
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com/

No comments: