Saturday, August 11, 2007

An interview with Heather S. Ingemar by Margot Justes

Below is my interview with Heather, she is an Echelon author.

Heather, tell me a bit about yourself .

Heather S. Ingemar has loved to play with words since she was little, and it wasn't long until she started writing her own stories. A musician since the age of five (piano, saxophone, violin, pennywhistle and Irish flute), she completed a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature in December of 2006. She and her husband reside on the family cattle ranch, where she takes great delight in thinking up new stories to tell.

How long have you been writing?

Not for very long, actually. I've been a story teller since I was young, however. I've always loved telling stories. I didn't start writing them down until sometime around middle school, but I didn't pursue it. I got frustrated a lot because the stories on paper never came close to the stories in my head. It wasn't until college that I really became serious about it, and learned the skills. That was two years ago.

Who is your favorite author and why?

Oh, there are so many to choose from and for so many different reasons!

Do you suffer from writer's block? If so, what do you do about it?

I don't, and I don't believe in it. I do think that sometimes the words don't want to fall onto the page, but that's because they aren't ready yet. When they're ready, they'll come.

What advice would you give to writers just starting out?

Research! Research your markets, the craft of writing, research the business of selling your writing, contracts, promotion, all of it. The best way to do well is to know what you're doing, and you do that by learning. Learn all you can.

Thank you, Heather.

No comments: