Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sisters in Crime by Margot Justes

I am a day late with my blog, because of sheer exhaustion not lack of dilligence. I spent an incredible weekend at Printers Row with Echelon Press...but that is for another blog.

I am a member of Sisters in Crime and I have been volunteered to chair the program committe.

During our recent meeting we decided to host an open forum for authors, writers and readers. The meeting is to be held at Centuries & Sleuths, a boosktore well worth a visit in its own right. It is exciting and personable with Augie at the helm. But I digress, back to the meeting...

We asked Augie to speak and let us know what an author needs to do to get a book signing at his store, how he markets the author prior to the signing, his expectations from said author as well as his responsibilities to his readers.

We asked our authors to do a show and tell; bring their marketing ideas, samples of promotional material, what worked and what didn't.

Finally, we asked our readers and fans to come and tell us their expectation, other than a good, well written story. That is a given. What works and what doesn't from their perspective.

Centuries & Sleuths
7419 W. Madison
Forest Park, IL 60130
708/771-7243
July 21, 11:00 A.M.

I'd thought I'd extend an invitation to come and join us, participate, bring us your ideas, maybe even join Sisters in Crime.

Till next Saturday,
Margot Justes
www.mjustes.com
A Hotel in Paris
Echelon Press, June 2008

1 comment:

Romance Readers Digest said...

It was fun seeing you at Printer's Row and wasn't it a gorgeous day for it!

I'm putting the date on my calendar. Todd and I joined Sisters in Crime not too long ago so this will be a good excuse to do something with the group.